Fashion Ring Buying Guide
Fashion rings started out as costume jewelry – ornaments that were worn to match or to complement a dress or costume. As trends and fashion change, so do women’s fashion rings! Though fashion rings were not intended to be real, in modern times we see diamond fashion rings, gold fashion rings, and sterling silver fashion rings vying for attention in the jewelry market.
If you are looking to steal the limelight with stylish womens fashion rings, this fashion rings buying guide is just the thing for you. Learn how to shop for fashion rings, mix and match, and buy the trendiest fashion rings in town. Make informed choices and your unique style statement!
What are fashion rings?
A ring that is worn to accessorize a fashionable dress or costume is called a fashion ring. It also has other names such as imitation ring or trinket. Fashion rings are not fine jewelry as they are usually not made of real gold, silver. Platinum, or other valuable metals.
Are costume rings and fashion rings the same?
Both the terms are used interchangeably and they refer to the same kind of rings – the type of rings that are trendy and replicate expensive fine rings. Fashion rings are usually made of plated metals and have semi-precious stones in them. However, some diamond fashion rings that are made of brass or copper may also be plated with precious metals. Gold fashion rings and rose gold fashion rings are the favorite choices.
How to wear fashion rings
There is no hard and fast rule on which finger is suitable for wearing a fashion ring. Most women in the Western world wear the wedding ring and the engagement ring on their left hand ring finger. So, fashion rings come in between those two rings or above them. Others prefer to reserve the left hand for their wedding bands and stack up fashion rings on their right hand. However, how to wear fashion rings boils down to individual preferences and is flexible.
Here are some ways to wear your fashion rings in style –
Sophisticated look with stacked pearl rings give a classic look for any occasion – formal or informal. Pearl rings are elegant and go well with professional outfits as well as evening dresses.
Stacked pearl fashion ring
Stacked pearl and garnet fashion ring in sterling silver
- For the bold and beautiful look, you can pair your glamorous outfits with large statement fashion rings that sparkle through the evening. If diamond fashion rings are too flashy for you, you could settle for more subtle rose gold fashion rings or perhaps, the sublime sterling silver fashion rings. Bold fashion rings often grab attention and draw compliments. They are stylish and contemporary.
Multi-color crystal zirconia fashion statement ring
Vintage black gold colored flower statement ring
Casual and confident look with well-designed minimalist fashion ring will lend a very modern look to your outfit. A simple arc or a oval shaped ring can add a fashionable touch to your ensemble.
Opal minimalist fashion ring for women
Refreshing look with colorful gemstone rings can bring a festive mood into your day! Add a dash of color with crystal or gemstone fashion rings to complement your black, white, and other monotone dresses for a youthful and refreshing look.
Natural citrine gemstone ring for women
Tanzanite gemstone birthstone ring for women
Free-spirited look with symbolic and engraved fashion rings is the one that is always favored by the younger generation. These eye-catching rings are excellent accessories when you are vacationing along the beach.
Engraved fashion rings for women
Glamorous look with fashion rings of detailed patterns is another choice that is never out of fashion! Cocktail rings studded with stones in intricate patterns are perfect for parties and meetings alike.
Cocktail fashion rings with semi-precious stones
Elegant and regal look with a single pearl ring has appealed to women for centuries! Pearl fashion rings can be made in gold, sterling silver, or rose gold for creating the magical allure.
Simulated pearl fashion wedding ring for women in sterling silver
Types of fashion rings
There are innumerable varieties of fashion rings for women depending on the style of the ring, its shape, material used, and their position on the finger.
Here is a comprehensive list of the types of fashion rings –
Minimalist fashion rings
The raging trend of the day is to go minimal with sleek and simple fashion rings that make a defining statement. Since such rings come in all shapes and sizes, there is no end to the different styles of wearing them!
Simulated pearl ring Minimalist fashion ring
Minimalist Sterling Silver ring with letter C
Rhinestone fashion rings
Arguably the most commonly used stone in fashion rings and other accessories is the rhinestone. It is an imitation diamond that is made of gem quartz, glass, and paste. It is very lustrous.
The Rhinestone is a small glittering quartz that was found in the Rhine river of Austria. Rhinestones also include plastic, acrylic, and glass stones.
There are glue-on rhinestones and sew-on rhinestones of a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes which makes them versatile for use in fashion rings, clothes, and trinkets.
Rhinestone fashion ring for women Xmas fashion jewelry
Big opal rhinestone signet fashion ring
Geometric-shaped fashion rings
If it is the minimalist ring for the simple-style loving woman, there is a geometric patterned ring of every shape for the ‘symbol-minded’! Never be tempted to think that such geometric shapes are too simple, because when matched with the perfect outfit, these fashion rings can turn heads!
Geometric fashion rings
Geometric fashion ring, hexagon flanked by triangles
Geometric fashion rings for women in circular, triangle shape
Wrap fashion rings
Wrap rings are very much like any of your rings except they are made of a special cut that makes the ring hug to your finger. They are also called ‘wrap around’ fashion rings. Wrap fashion rings are excellent X Mas gift fashion rings for women because they have an adjustable width. Stacked concentric circle wrap rings are popular among the fashion-conscious.
Wrap fashion ring in sterling silver
Blue opal, cubic zirconia in sterling silver wrap fashion ring
Sterling silver daisy flower wrap toe fashion ring for women
Faux stone fashion rings
If you are looking for a versatile and more sober colored stone rings, you should opt for a faux stone fashion ring. These rings are very much like gemstone rings but the stones are not gemstones, and they are not as flashy as gemstones. Often, the faux stones are Zen-compliant and have a meaning attached to them.
Silver color fashion ring with oval faux stone
Faux diamond engagement fashion ring
Faux fire opal fashion ring for women
Elongated fashion rings
These rings are bold, statement rings that speak volumes about your personality. They come in a variety of styles and colors but are much longer than your usual fashion rings. The ring usually cover up most of your finger-length and create a lasting impression.
Elongated fashion ring for women
Elongated fashion ring with colored stones
Elongated fashion ring in Sterling silver
Ornate fashion rings
Ornate rings are highly detailed rings with intricate details carved in them. Such rings are best paired with simple outfits such as solid-colored dresses or jeans. These rings may be made of a choice of metals and can have a variety of stones and beads for embellishment.
Ornate fashion ring
Ornate fashion ring with faux diamonds in sterling silver
Finger claw rings or full-finger rings
These are highly fashion-forward rings that are used only for specific occasions like Halloween or when you attend fashion shows or masquerades. For this reason, though finger claw rings are stylish, they are not suitable for everyone.
Finger claw rings for women
Finger claw rings with faux stones
Midi fashion rings
As the name implies, midi fashion rings are worn in the middle of the finger. These rings are worn between the finger knuckle and the finger tip. Many of these midi rings are simple in design but some may follow a symbolic theme for greater appeal.
Antique silver midi finger rings for women
Bohemian style midi fashion rings in silver
Simple midi fashion rings for women
Fashion rings with hand chain
These rings are truly unexpected and innovative pieces of jewelry! They are a clever and attractive combination of fashion rings with chain bangles or bracelets. Usually made of gold, it has a gold chain that snugly wraps around your wrist. It also has more chains with stone or pearl ends that harness your fingers with a ring each! Some prefer to have just a ring or two, but that is a personal choice.
Hand chain ring fashion ring with turquoise stones
Hand chain bracelet fashion ring for women
How to clean fashion rings and care for fashion rings
Cleaning your fashion rings in simple steps
Cleaners that are sold at jewelers’ are suitable for real jewelry pieces but are too strong for fashion rings.
Take special precautions when you clean fashion rings.
- Add a drop of Baby shampoo to water and mix well.
- Clean the fashion ring with a soft toothbrush. You can clean the spots that are deep within using a Q-Tip.
- Don’t let the ring soak for a long time but rinse immediately with cold water.
- Pat it dry with a soft cloth.
- For cleaning tarnished fashion rings and jewelry, mix one part of lemon juice with one part of water and soak the ring in this solution. Then rinse off and let it dry.
- You may clean using a toothbrush
Care for your fashion rings
- Never wear your fashion rings to the swimming pool or the spa.
- Don’t let the ring come in contact with detergents and other cleaning agents.
- Avoid using body lotion, deodorant, or perfume on your rings.
- Keep your fashion rings dry. Don’t wear them when you do the dishes.
- Store the rings in a safe, dry container.
- Wrap each jewel or fashion ring in an anti-tarnish paper or the cloth used for eyeglasses.
- If the ring is made of brass, clean it in a solution of salt and water with a few .drops of lemon juice. Dry thoroughly after rinsing.
- If the fashion ring is made of sterling silver, sprinkle some baking soda on the ring to cover it well. Then boil a saucepan of water and pour it slowly over the ring. Repeat this a few times and then dry the ring. Store it in a anti-tarnish bag.
- Fashion jewelry often has semi-precious gemstones and faux stones encrusted in them. To clean these stones, drop your fashion ring in a glass of water and add a tablet of Alka Seltzer to it (NOT the flavored one). You can see the solution fizzing. Remove the ring after the fizz has stopped. Dry it and store in moisture-free container.
- To clean the pearls in fashion rings, place the ring in a warm, soapy solution and use a soft brush. Wipe them dry. This method can be used for cleaning Turquoise which is also porous like pearls.
Recent Blog Posts
- 21+ Exotic Rose Gold Rings in 2020
- 20+ Pretty October Birthstone Rings in 2020
- 16+ Alluring June Birthstone Rings in 2020
- 22+ Vibrant March Birthstone Rings in 2020
- 19+ Glamorous Diamond Chain Necklaces in 2020
- 13+ Fabulous Gold Charm Necklaces in 2020
- 22+ Stunning Stackable Diamond Rings in 2020
- 10+ Labradorescent Heart Diamond Rings in 2020
- 18+ Stunning Emerald Gold Rings in 2020
- 21+ Fabulous Emerald Diamond Rings in 2020
- 24+ Sleek November Birthstone Rings in 2020
- 28+ Astonishing 10K Gold Rings in 2020
- 17+ Memorable Sapphire Diamond Rings in 2020
- 21+ Extraordinary December Birthstone Rings in 2020
- 19+ Labradorescent Heart Locket Necklaces in 2020
- 19+ Adorable Open Heart Necklaces in 2020
- 25+ Delicate Platinum Engagement Rings in 2020
- 24+ Smashing Diamond Eternity Rings in 2020
- 15+ Fascinating Sapphire And Diamond Rings in 2020
- 17+ Up-market Pink Sapphire Rings in 2020